Sold for $1,000,000!
21 Harcourt Avenue
This is the Riverdale house that all the neighbours are talking about. Want to know why? The reasons are endless. Let's start with the address. It's perfect: walk score of 97, transit score of 96. It's a single block to Danforth, less than a block to Withrow Park & about 2 blocks to the subway! Oh and it's in the Frankland school district! The master bedroom's cathedral ceilings and exposed brick are incredible. The basement is finished. The backyard is all deck, turf (no mowing!) and even has a sandbox in the tree! Total perfection.
Generally when you're buying a home, you really are making a guess and hoping the neighbours are decent people. Here? There is no risk. The attached neighbours are absolute gems.
This is a magical home, in a magical community with magical neighbours!
What does a walkscore of 97 mean??
If you've never experienced a truly "walkable" lifestyle, you really don't know how amazing a score of 97 is. You can turn the BBQ on, walk to the butcher and make it back in time for a nice hot grill. The Shoppers Drug Mart nearb has basically everything you need (and it's open early/late). The library is just a stone's throw away. Withrow Park is a of block away, and there's an adorable Farmer's Market half of the year! If you're into coffee, you're smack dab between 2 Starbucks shops (one is brand new). The neighbourhood Foodland grocery is almost always open and carries it all. Need more organics? Try Healthy Planet by Carlaw or the Big Carrot down the road.
Don't know what North Riverdale is?
- it's super-kid friendly. In fact, there's an annual summer street party on Hazelwood!
- it's so quiet. It really is astounding how it's the the 2nd street south of Danforth and yet it is so tranquil
- the neighbours actually know each other, and care for each other. This is a real community, where everybody really does know your name. They're not in-your-face, they just care about each other.
- it seems as though nearly every 2nd or 3rd house is under renovation, which means there's tremendous investment dollars and value being put into the area
- the Shoppers Drug Mart has fresh groceries, opens early and closes late :)
- I'll say it again, this time in CAPS: FRANKLAND COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT!!
- List Price: $950,000
- 3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms
- Master bedroom has cathedral ceilings and exposed brick
- Spacious backyard deck and turf with sandbox in the tree
- Frankland Community School (JK-6)
- Inclusions: Fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer/dryer, all light fixtures and window coverings, Nest thermostat and Nest protect, built-in propane BBQ, leaf blower, 60" mounted TV in basement