Come meet us at our public open house on
Saturday October 21 and Sunday October 22, 2:00-4:00pm!
56 Hazelwood Avenue
No tricks here, this is all treat! This is the East Riverdale house that all the neighbours are talking about. Want to know why? It's the perfect address - walkscore of 97 transitscore of 93. It's a single block (actually, less than a block) off of The Danforth and the subway. It has parking for 2 - maybe even 3 cars (the same cars you're likely to abandon because everything is walkable to here). It's a renovated century home with 3 bedrooms + a bonus loft. The kitchen has been remodelled and has oh-so-cozy heated floors. The attached neighbours are absolute gems. And yes, this home is in the coveted Frankland school district (with a community pool).
This is a magical home, in a magical community with magical neighbours!
What does a walkscore of 97 mean??
If you've never experienced a truly "walkable" lifestyle, you really don't know how amazing a score of 97 is. You can turn the BBQ on, walk to the butcher and make it back in time for a nice hot grill. The Shoppers Drug Mart next door has basically everything you need (and it's open early/late). The library is literally on the same block. Withrow Park is a couple of blocks away, and there's an adorable Farmer's Market half of the year! If you're into coffee, you're smack dab between 2 Starbucks shops (one is brand new). The neighbourhood Foodland grocery is almost always open and carries it all. Need more organics? Try Healthy Planet by Carlaw or the Big Carrot down the road.
Don't know what East Riverdale is? That's because it is THE best kept secret in the east end. Here's why:
- it's tucked in between Pape and Jones, south of Danforth - where traffic is so much lighter
- it's super-kid friendly. In fact, there's an annual summer street party on Hazelwood!
- it's so quiet. It really is astounding how it's literally the first street south of Danforth and yet it is so tranquil
- the neighbours actually know each other, and care for each other. This is a real community, where everybody really does know your name. They're not in-your-face, they just care about each other.
- it seems as though nearly every 2nd or 3rd house is under renovation, which means there's tremendous investment dollars and value being put into the area
- the Shoppers Drug Mart (accessible by lane about 3 houses next to this house) has fresh groceries, opens early and closes late :)
- I'll say it again, this time in CAPS: FRANKLAND COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT!!
- Listed at $1,100,000 - Offers being reviewed Tuesday, October 24th
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1.5 Bathrooms
- Private parking off lane for 2, maybe 3 cars
- Extensive built-ins in several rooms
- 4 years new furnace and central A/C
- A loft/den
- Newly renovated kitchen with heated floors
- Huge rear deck
- Frankland Community School (JK-6)