There are lots of good homes for sale. Every once in a while, a GREAT one comes up. And if you wait long enough, you'll come across EXCEPTIONAL. This is that home. This house is pretty much perfect. There aren't many other words that capture the feel of this house.
This home is over 120 years young - and is completely renovated to modern standards while respecting the home's charm and history.
What's so special about this home? That's a wonderful question. The video here talks about the top 5 reasons. It's not easy to find a 2.5 storey, 4 bedroom house with master 3rd floor and rooftop deck - for starters. The kitchen was featured on HouseAndHome.com for it's chic renovation. It has a ground floor powder room (again, kind of a big deal, it's pretty rare to find these in Riverdale). There is room for 2 cars to be parked in the back under a beautiful carport. And have we talked about the school district yet? Oh right, that's a massive deal as well. This home belongs to the renowned Frankland Community School district. It's the small, quaint and inclusive school that's on everyone's radar. If French immersion is more your thing, you're in the Withrow Public School district for that.
Want to hear about the area? Harcourt Ave is probably the best kept secret on the east side. At the end of Harcourt is the best park in the east end: Withrow Park. Every other house on this street it seems is completing a renovation (which = massive investment and value). It's 2 blocks from the subway and THE best parts of Danforth, yet it's so quiet you could hear a pin drop. The walkscore is off the charts. You're downtown in mere minutes. There's plenty of parking available for guests. The proposed Downtown Relief Line is going to get people from Pape to Union Stations in a heartbeat once that's done. Oh, and the neighbours are outstanding (not just good, but great). Bottom line: The area is ah-mazing.
Why are the owners selling, is a common question we always get asked. Well, the owners love this street so much, they aren't going anywhere. They literally bought a home a few doors over and are completing a renovation literally down the street. This was someone's forever home, and now it can be yours.
- List Price: $1,600,000 (Listed exclusively)
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- 2.5 storey home
- Easy access to TTC
- Master bedroom on top floor with walkout to brand new roof deck
- Wall-to-wall closets in beds 2 and 3
- Modern kitchen with tons of pantry storage
- Rear mudroom
- Ground floor powder room for guests
- Carport covered parking (potential for 2 cars)
- Landscaped front and rear yards (along with new front porch)
- Totally renovated, featured in House & Home magazine for the kitchen renovation
- No knob-and-tube, c'mon now.
- New joist work above living/dining. It's super solid.
- New drains under basement (with back-flow), new plumbing stack. No 100 year old clay/cast iron!